Salary Scale M1 - M6
Due to an internal structure change we are currently looking for a two dedicated, highly adaptable and energetic EYFS/KS1 teachers to join our team at Conway Primary from Easter 2018. Our pupils are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated teachers with high expectations of children. We encourage EYFS/KS1 teachers to apply and applications from NQTs are welcome.
Conway Primary is a ‘Good School, behaviour is good. Pupils enjoy school and say that they feel safe. Progress has improved across the school particularly in Years 3 to 6 and the overall quality of teaching is good’(Ofsted2017). The school is currently in the top 5% for results within the Royal Borough of Greenwich and the top 1% for Maths nationaly.
Conway Primary School is a very popular larger than average-sized primary school with over 500 pupils and current provision stretches from 2yr old Nursery. Well over three-quarters of the pupils are from minority ethnic groups and are predominantly of Asian or Black African heritage. Around 10% of pupils are White British. IN total, pupils speak 42 different home languages and around two thirds of pupils do not speak English as their first language when they join the school.
A successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who is passionate about encouraging all children to achieve success within a happy, creative, challenging and effective learning environment.
- Have a commitment to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the community to promote excellent learning opportunities for all.
- promote the school’s aims positively, and use effective strategies to monitor motivation and morale;
- develop good personal relationships within a team;
- communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences;
- Have a solid understanding of the primary curriculum.
- Have excellent ICT skills.
Conway will offer you:
- Outstanding teacher leadership development and support
- An enabling, ‘can do’ culture in which to learn and grow
- A high quality learning environment across our schools
- Future progression & leadership opportunities
- Innovative professional development and extensive and engaging CPD
- A positive, happy and friendly working environment.
Conway Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought for the successful candidate.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please telephone to make an appointment with the school business manger - Keith Robertson Phone: 0208 854 0897 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please download the application form and job description at the following links and email you completed application to email@example.com
Closing date: 9th March 2018
Interviews: w/c 12th March